iF International Forum Design GmbH
iF International Forum Design GmbH is a Hanover-based organization providing design-related services. Founded in 1953 as Die Gute Industrieform e.V., iF Design and the iF DESIGN AWARD have been a symbol of excellent design around the world ever since. iF Design also contributes to the international design community by organizing the iF DESIGN TALENT AWARD for young designers and the iF SOCIAL IMPACT PRIZE for social projects.
The iF SOCIAL IMPACT PRIZE supports projects that contribute to improving our society. Projects that work towards achieving one or more of the UN Sustainable Development Goals are eligible. Every year iF Design donates EUR 100,000 to support the best projects submitted to the iF SOCIAL IMPACT PRIZE.
Financing Instruments: Grants
Project scale: All submitted projects are evaluated and the best ones are selected to receive a share of EUR 100,000.
Recipient countries regions/country groups: global
Companies, design studios, NGOs, foundations, social enterprises, public and other organizations are welcome to submit.
- Projects should already be established.
- Applicants can apply with the same project a maximum of two times.
- Student concepts will not be accepted.
- There is no deadline: applications are accepted on a rolling basis.
- Twice a year, all submitted projects are evaluated and the best ones are selected to receive a share of EUR 100,000.
- Applicants need to register an account - my iF, fill in the blanks, upload two pictures, enter a short entry description, and add initiator as well as partner address. After that, applicants need to click on “Publish your project” (for free) to finalize their participation.
- Applicants will automatically compete for the prize once they publish their projects on the iF Design Website.